Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Haplogroups of the Tribes of Israel: What Tribe do You belong to?
The following haplogroups of the Tribes of Israel do not mean that they are the only haplogroups for that tribe but that the haplogroups mentioned do belong to that Tribe in the direct male line. The Tribes of Israel belong to the overarching haplogroup called NOP. All those with haplogroups descended from NOP are male lineal ydna descendants of Jacob the Patriarch of Israel. Jacob's male descendants by the full-sisters Rachel and Leah belong to R and Q. The Israelite clans descended from Jacob's six sons by Leah are all found mainly under the R1b haplotype (descended from P), the clans of the two sons of Joseph (a son of Jacob's wife Rachel) Ephraim and Manasseh belong to R1a, those of Q belong to the clans of the tribe of Benjamin. NO is the group belonging to Jacob's four sons Dan, Naphtali, Gad and Asher by his two concubines who according to tradition were half sisters of Rachel and Leah by their father Laban's Asiatic concubine.
The so-called R1b Ht-15 belongs the Israelites from the Lost Tribes of the Assyrian Exile (called in Jewish tradition the exile of Zarephath). The so-called R1b ht-35 are the descendants of the Judeans of the Babylonian Exile (called in Jewish tradition as the exile of Sephard) mainly belonging to the Tribes of Judah, Levi and some of Benjamin. Q Benjaminites are mainly those Benjaminites descended from the Benjaminite Kingdom in Siberia. (see Hebrew y-dna: A New Understanding)
1. Reuben: R1b U152 and may also be found among branches of R1b P312. The Hezroni of L2, the Karmi of Z56, the Pallui of Z193 and the Hanoki of ZZ45.
2. Simeon: R1b DF27 and may also be found among branches of R1b P312.
3. Levi: Levite clans are found among both R1b Ht-15 and R1b Ht-35 as well as R1b-V88.
4. Judah: Clans of Judah are to be found among R1b Ht-15 and R1b Ht-35 including R1b L21 (Davidic House of Nathan).
5. Dan: Clans of Dan are to be found among N, N* and P*. N1-L666, N2-Y6503 and N1-F2905.
6. Naphtali: the clans of Naphtali are of N1-Tat.
7. Gad: the clans of Gad belong to O1 and O3.
8. Asher: the clans of Asher belong to O2 ydna.
9. Issachar: R1b DF19 and may also be found among branches of R1b P312.
10. Zebulon: R1b U106 and may also be found among branches of R1b P312.
11. Ephraim: R1a Z283 and other branches of R1 and R1a .
12. Benjamin: the clans of Benjamin are Q ydna and also found among R1b.
13. Manasseh: the clans of Manasseh are R1a Z93 and among other branches of R1 and R1a.
Posted by Catholic Jew at 3:08 AM